Articles - Wednesday, March 27, 2013 0:44 - 0 Comments
Spring is when we set our clocks forward, and in the autumn, we set them back. This perfectly coincides with when you should check your home before the rainy season and snow season. Now is the time to test your sump pump. Clean out any debris and make sure the float mechanism is working. Make sure the check valve isn’t worn out and see that the sump pump is turning on and off by pouring water into the pit. While you are at it, check for any leaks in your plumbing. You should always check your sump in the spring to make sure it’s in proper working order to avoid unexpected basement flooding.
Other Recent Articles
- Do you know where the Main Water Shut-off Valve is in your Home?
- Senior-friendly Bathroom Updates
- Plumbing Tips When Weather Temps Dive Below Zero
- Steps to Unjam the Garbage Disposal
- Top 10 Major Mistakes when Remodeling a Kitchen
- Good Plumbing Contractors Welcome Questions
- Avoiding Damages Caused by Leaky Pipes
- PPC Advises Homeowners to Shut Off Main Water Valve when Vacationing
- The Drain Game
- Plumbing’s Big Turn Offs