How to Select a Contractor
How do you find the right plumber for your project?
Start by insisting on hiring a union plumber. Only union plumbers have completed a rigorous and competitive training program to become licensed professionals. In fact, only 10% of all applicants are admitted into the union apprenticeship program, ensuring only the best obtain certification. What’s more, only the work of union plumbers is backed by our 5-Year PPC Warranty—the longest warranty of its kind.
To find the best plumber for your project, just follow these simple steps:
- Only choose a contractor who employs a licensed Master Plumber as required by Wisconsin Law. All PPC members are Master Plumbers or employ them.
- Create a short list of three contractors in your area who specialize in the type of work you need done: repair, remodeling or new construction.
- Ask for and check each contractor’s references.
- Request estimates from each contractor for time and material costs.
- After selecting a contractor, make sure a written contract for the project is drawn up. This contract should include language indicating the procedures to be followed in the event changes in the original contract are needed.
- Discuss the details of your project with the contractor to ensure ideal coordination with other trades involved. This could affect both scheduling and material procurement.